BIBLE READING: Acts 16:31-34.
God created the family for his delight. It is his desire that every family grows in love and in the knowledge of Him and His word. God desires parents to bring up their children in the way of the Lord; husbands to love and cherish their wives, wives to respect and submit to their husbands, and children to honour and obey their parents. When we abide by God’s laws in building godly homes, the church is edified and becomes stronger. The name of the Lord is glorified in our churches when our homes are in right standing with God. And He loves it that way!
- Thank you Lord, for my family and the beautiful plan you have for us.
- Help us to always worship you together as a family, never neglecting our family altar day and night. Grant us wisdom Father, to not get too busy for you this year.
- Heavenly Father, use me as an instrument for your peace and love to reign in my family in Jesus’ name – Isaiah 54:13.
- Oh Lord, let your mercy speak for my wife, husband, children and lift us up above the schemes of the evil one in Jesus’ name – Psalm 103:17,18.
- Father, strengthen the bond of unity among families planted in Christ Gospel Mission Int.
- Lord, bless our men that they may leave an inheritance to their children’s children – Proverbs 13:22; Isaiah 59:21.
- Father, fill our homes with shouts of rejoicing and miraculous testimonies throughout this year for you are our defense – Psalm 5:11; 118:15.
- Lord, let our women be fruitful vines within our houses and our children like olive shoots around our tables – Psalm 128:3.
- May our children be taught of you and may their peace be great – Isaiah 54:13.
- Father, bless our children with supernatural insight and understanding, make them wiser than their teachers in Jesus’ name – Psalm 119:99-101.
- Lord, may our children be like arrows in the hand of a warrior – Psalm 127:3-5.
- To be prayed simultaneously:
- Men – Lord, help me to direct my children and household to keep your way by doing what is right and just. Genesis 18:19
- Women – Lord, bless me with wisdom to build my home and not tear it down. Proverbs 14:1
- Children – Lord, give me the grace to honour my father and mother, that my days may be long in the land that you are giving me. Exodus 20:12.
- The Pastoral Team present will bless every child and decree safety, protection, good success and long life over them as they return to their institutions for the next Term/Session.
NB: A special offering shall be collected for the General Children’s Ministry at the end of today’s prayers.