BIBLE READING: Acts.1:1-8; 2:1-10, Daniel 11:32.
Acts1:8 – “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.”
Daniel11:32 – “And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.”
When Jesus Christ appeared to His disciples after His resurrection, they didn’t know the enormity of their calling! This was seen in the life of Peter, who after following Jesus for over three years, still led the disciples back to fishing, the job he left over 3 years ago! That day, they couldn’t catch anything until Jesus appeared to them.
Just as the disciples did not understand their mission on earth even after the resurrection of Jesus, so are some believers ignorant of the momentous importance of their assignment today! Jesus gave the disciples the Great Commission in Matthew 16:15 – Go ye unto all the world and preach the gospel…” Of course, they couldn’t accomplish that great Commission of their own ability. They needed the power of God to do the work of God. So, the Master asked them to go and wait at Jerusalem for the enduement of power from on high – Acts1:5-8.
When the power fell on them from on high on the day of Pentecost, they became dynamites for God. They gladly did the work of the ministry – teaching, preaching, healing and planting churches. They hazarded (risked) their lives for the advancement of the kingdom of God. They took over nations, cities and villages for their Master, riding on the high places of the earth, not minding the opposition, imprisonment and deaths they encountered along the way. They became a terror to those that were terrifying them as powerful governmental structures and religious leaders, rulers and judges were afraid of them as they turned the world upside down – Acts17:6.
As we have received our marching orders to ride in the high places of the earth this year 2020, it is time for us to shake the world and take it over for our Lord and Master, Jesus Christ. We must all be ready for kingdom exploits that will bring multitude into the love of Christ and transform them to disciples and battle axes in Christ Gospel Mission International.
- Thank you Lord for my Salvation and for calling me to a noble ministry in Christ Gospel Mission Int. – Psalm103:1-2.
- Thank you Lord for the labours of spiritual fathers, teachers and pastors over me, those that you have used and are using to carry me on their shoulders – Deut.33:12.
- I confess my sin of laziness, selfishness, greed, and blood-guiltiness. Deliver me O Lord, so my tongue shall sing aloud of your righteousness – Psalm 51:1-14.
- Holy Spirit, endue me with power and wisdom to preach the Gospel with all my strength, talent, money, and influence in Jesus’ name, Amen. Acts 1:8.
- I activate the Spirit of grace and intercession for the salvation of lost souls for Christ – Zech.12:10.
- I receive the Power to go out and bring my colleagues, class mates, co-workers, family members, neighbours and friends into the kingdom in Jesus’ mighty name – Luke14:23.
- I am riding high into the higher places of the world. In Jesus’ name, I am possessing the East, West, North and South of this community and country for Christ and His Kingdom through CGM – Amen. Isaiah 54:3.
- In Jesus Name I will do exploits for Christ this year. Because I have been anointed with fresh oil, I will flourish like the palm tree in my ministry in CGM where God has sovereignly planted me – Ps.92:10-15.
- Lord of the Harvest, we receive open doors into the four corners of the earth, for willing laborers, dedicated intercessors and consecrated financiers that are committed to soul-winning – Mt. 9:38.
- Father, let the manifestations of CGM be made known to the world in Jesus’ name. Imbue our General Overseer and our Ministers with your aroma that will magnetize and arrest multitudes unto Christ – Amen. (Acts 4:1-4,16)