BIBLE READING: Psalm 100:1-5.
Prayer of adoration is the expression of our deep reverence, devotion and homage to God in words of love, music and postures that express the adoring attitude of the creature in the presence of his Creator. Postures such as prostration – Genesis 17:3; Matthew 26:39; Rev 1:17,18; kneeling – 1Kings 8:54; Isaiah 45:23; Ephesians 3:14; standing – Genesis 18:22; and spreading out/lifting up the hands toward heaven – Ezra 9:5; 1Kings 8:54; Psalm 63:4; 1Tim. 2:8.
- Thank God for sending Jesus Christ to our pitiful and sinful world to pay the price for our redemption – Romans 5:6-11.
- Thank God for your daily food and shelter in the past years – 1Timothy 6:3-10.
- Show gratitude to God for the gift of life, your salvation from eternal condemnation and your glorious hope of reigning eternally with the Almighty.
- Bless God for the great things He did for you last year by recounting seven special blessings you received from Him.
- Glorify the Ancient of days for making it possible for you to consecrate the first month of the New Year to Him in fasting, worship and prayers.
- Worship His Majesty for His presence with you last year that did not allow your enemies to rejoice over you and ridicule you.
- Delight yourself in the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, who shut the mouths of the lions that would have devoured and swallowed you up. Instead, the Keeper of Israel who neither sleeps nor slumbers, increased us greatly and made us stronger and wiser than our enemies – Psalm 105:24; 119:98.
- Pledge your allegiance to the Covenant-Maker who has prepared special blessings for you this new year – Gal. 3:13,14,26-29.
- Sing a favorite song of the mercies of the Lord with dancing and rejoicing unto the King over all nations – Psalm 96.