BIBLE READING: Ephesians 6:12
Christianity is commitment to the cross for life. It’s more than just saying the sinner’s prayer of salvation and daily confessing the blessings of the Bible. It is a lifestyle of warfare! The path of high riders is strewn/dotted with trials, temptations, hatred, misunderstanding and misrepresentations. Because we are not free from afflictions and persecutions, we must be prepared for spiritual attacks. The devil does not waste his time on “pleasurable Christians” who do not study, obey, share and grow in the Word of God. Such persons who live as if they are exempted or excused from spiritual warfare, irrespective of their excuses and self-justification, cannot make any difference in the kingdom.
It is true that believers are not expected to court trouble or opposition but if we have never suffered persecution for shining as light in the darkness of this world, never hated for sharing our faith or despised for standing firmly on the Word of God in contradiction to popular opinion, we are automatically headed down the broad path of destruction. If you are in the good books of everybody and your life is always easy, unchallenged and untroubled, perhaps you are not really committed to living a godly life in this corrupt world! According to Apostle Paul, “all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.” – 2Timothy 3:12.
- Heavenly Father, I receive grace to not turn my back like a coward in the battles of life. Help me to stand strong in faith and be of good courage in spiritual warfare.
- In Jesus’ name, I receive boldness to follow the Master’s steps to victory in spiritual warfare. I refuse to be fainthearted and fearful in Jesus’ name.
- Father enlighten my understanding to know that the spiritual warfare I encounter in this life is part of your ordering, and it is for my good and eternal gain – John 16:33.
- In Jesus’ name, I refuse the false peace this world offers that leads to everlasting torment and shame.
- Help me Father, to always obey Christ and His Word even when it is difficult and not pleasurable to do so.
- Father, help me to so trust your Word, that I won’t be afraid to act in obedience to your will regardless of the outcome.
- Help me O Father, to love those who persecute me for living a godly life in Christ.
- Empower me Lord, to pray for all men and return good for evil – Luke 6:28
- Heavenly Father, protect my mind from unwholesome thoughts and vanity-wandering when I pray. Help me to always concentrate and enjoy unbroken communion with you in Jesus’ name.
- When the devil wants to distract my mind by reminding me of my ugly past of worthlessness and feelings of unworthiness, Father, give me boldness by my cleansing with the blood of your Son and my preservation by your power.
- Father, help me that the fire on my prayer alter would not go out. Empower me to pray in all seasons so that your joy will continually strengthen me.
- Help me Father, to know that when I feel least like praying is when I need to pray most!
- When I perceive that my brother or sister is lukewarm, empower me to encourage them by praying with them unceasingly, never to mock, ridicule or complain against them.
- By the power of the Holy Spirit, I receive insight for spiritual sensitivity. I receive grace to flee every appearance of evil like Joseph and never parley or hold any conference with the devil which made the first Adam to fall.
- I receive grace to never get weary or quit when I am ridiculed, ostracized or hated for taking a righteous stand for Christ in Jesus’ name.
- Thank you for loving me Father. Help me to promptly obey your directives, never to question, delay, debate or procrastinate putting your Word into practice in Jesus’ name.