DAY 19: PRAYERS FOR NIGERIA
BIBLE READING: Ps 122: 6-9; 2Chronicles 7:14.
Nigeria is a blessed country. Its people are beautiful, warm, welcoming and hardworking. The land is fertile and rich in natural resources. Despite all these, we realise today that the country is not very conducive for its citizens due to reasons too numerous to state. Is there any hope? Can things really turn around for good?
Certainly! The Bible says there is nothing impossible with God. (Matthew 19:26) According to our text, all we have to do is humble ourselves, pray and turn from our wicked ways. As simple as this sounds, a lot of people find it hard to do. This is why we need to ask God for grace to truly live righteous lives so that our land can blossom. “Righteousness exalts a nation; but sin is a reproach to any people” (Proverbs 14:34). It is our responsibility to rise up, pray for the peace of Nigeria and abolish the activities of Satan and his cohorts in the land. Nigeria is the Lord’s!
1. Thank God for establishing this nation and for His mercy that has kept the country thus far – Lamentations 3:22
2. Father, forgive us and have mercy over our land for our past ungodly acts.
3. In the name of Jesus, I declare peace in Nigeria from the Federal Capital to the local constituencies in the year 2020. Peace in the day, at night, in our economy, politics, institutions, in the body of Christ, among the leaders, in the city and at home.
4. O Lord, empower righteous men and women for the liberation of our nation from inept (generally incompetent and absurd) leadership and elevate our nation to enviable high places of the earth in Jesus name.
5. Father in the name of Jesus, establish and prosper Nigeria economically, spiritually, and politically henceforth to the glory of your name.
6. O Lord, let the economy in this nation be stable and grow for our advancement.
7. In the name of the Lord, we frustrate and cancel the schemes and devices of the children of the bondwoman to invade our communities and nation. May their deliberations and strategies end up in confusion and shame in Jesus’ name.
8. We terminate any further implementation and promotion Sharia Islamic Legal system in this country in Jesus’ name.
9. Father, by the power in your word, I bring to an end, the activities and plans of the hostile nations against Nigeria in the name of Jesus – Eph 6:12-13.
10. My God, expose unrepentant perpetrators of evil in this nation, terminate their evil works and bring them to public shame in Jesus’ name.
11. I declare by faith that Nigeria shall advance in unity, with the proclamation of the Gospel of Christ all over her territories in Jesus’ name.
12. Give God the glory for the emerging of a new prosperous Nigeria.
Confess: Peace be within thy walls, O Nigeria, and prosperity within thy palaces.