BIBLE READING: Gen 37:1-10; 39:1-2.
Joseph was a man of destiny. His great future was destined from his birth when his earthly father favoured him over his many older brothers. As he grew up, he grew up with the special favour of God and man. This made his brother jealous. The jealousy escalated when Joseph shared his dreams with his brothers. Vs. 10, ‘When he told his father as well as his brothers, his father rebuked him and said, “What is this dream you had? Will your mother and I and your brothers actually come and bow down to the ground before you?” His brothers were jealous of him…”
God revealed Joseph’s throne to him, but the hearts of his desperately wicked brothers albeit temporarily, closed the door to his throne, through man’s view, but in the spiritual realm, their wicked act actually propelled him to the throne. Instead of at least being a slave in the palace, Joseph was found in prison for a crime he did not commit. Again, it seemed like he was being moved farther away from his God-given dream, but God was working behind the scenes. When we feel overwhelmed with the storms of life, let us remember the faith Joseph had even in the gleam times, and know that God is faithful to bring His plans concerning us to life.
God elevated Joseph from the lowest of lows to the highest of highs. We can imagine how Joseph calculated that he would not have gotten to that estate if not for all he had been through. As though that was not enough, the one who says vengeance is His, and he will avenge, caused a famine to fall upon Canaan, where Joseph’s brothers were, then caused them to go to Egypt for help. Oh, how God vindicated Joseph and kicked down all seemingly closed doors to his high place. The God who did that for Joseph is still the same God and can do same for us, as we remain as faithful as Joseph was.
- Thank you oh Lord for your ultimate plan for my life. May I receive your plan (my Joseph-like dream) for my life early this year – Psalm 90:14.
- I receive the grace to develop my relationship with you Lord and receive your revelations over my life.
- I receive the wisdom of a discerning spirit, to know who not to share my dream with.
- Remove me out of the pit of forgetfulness in Jesus name. May my name me remembered in my place of elevation.
- Oh Lord, let the wall of partition between me and my throne fall down flat in Jesus name.
- Let the hand of God turn my situation around completely that it may be evident to all that truly the True God is my King.
- I pray against every demonic influence that leads to dissatisfaction with the plan of God for my life this year in Jesus’ name – Isaiah 58:9b &10.
- May every closed door to my throne be kicked down in Jesus Mighty name.
- Father, satisfy the marital aspiration of brethren looking unto you for their life partner early this year in Jesus’ name – Genesis 49:25.
- God with whom there is no impossibility, satisfy the desire of waiting parents with the fruits of the womb in Jesus’ name – Deut. 7:13; Psalm 127:3-5.
- Heavenly Father, grace me to live a life that is well pleasing in your sight so that I will bring satisfaction and joy to you and my friends – Exodus 33:13.
- Oh Lord, give me the grace to stay faithful to you through tough challenges in Jesus name.
- Heavenly father, may I always testify of your goodness and live honourably before you, all the days of my life, Amen.