DAY 18: TAKING MISSION WORK TO HIGHER GROUND THIS NEW YEAR
BIBLE READING: Acts 20:17-38; Mark 16:15.
As Christians, we have a calling to “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.”. The passion to fulfil this mandate has caused Christ Gospel Mission Int. to take the Gospel of Jesus to the unreached people in all the parts of Nigeria and beyond, through her Missions ministry.
Missionary trips are highly demanding. They require teams that recognise spiritual warfare, who are fervent and spiritually discerning. Missionaries sometimes go through untold hardship and they do so joyfully, glad to carry out the work of the Master. They therefore require finances that can sustain them and meet the needs of the people they minister to. Although not everyone can become a missionary that would minister cross culturally, we have a duty to support those who go with our prayers, our money and other forms of encouragement.
- We thank you O Lord for blessing this church with the spirit of Missions, burdened with compassion for those who are yet to be reached with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- We pray for the spiritual preparation and development of the CGM Missions Teams. Lord, gird our missionaries with your armour, strengthen them for spiritual warfare and grant them boldness to proclaim the gospel.
- Father, help our missionaries to be sensitive and yield to the leading of your Spirit so that they would not get discouraged on the field – Acts 16:6-10.
- We pray that our missionaries will not be distracted from their mission to make disciples in Jesus’ name – Matthew 28:18-20.
- Father, as our missionaries are committed to pursuing souls until they are won for you, miraculously supply their physical needs and the needs of their families.
- Lord, we ask that the communities the missionaries are ministering to shall be receptive to the Gospel. Open the hearts of the people for spiritual transformation and make them your battle Axe to their generation in Jesus’ name.
- We pray that the Holy Spirit will anoint our missionaries with utterance as they share the good news. May their ears be open to hearing from you each time they pray.
- We pray that residents and aid workers who follow Christ will have opportunities to offer hope to those around them and that the communities will experience healing from deep wounds. (Romans 8:28; Psalm 34:18.)
- We pray that the proclamation of the Gospel on the mission field will convert souls and change lives in the name of Jesus the Christ.
- We pray that our Mission teams will be attentive to your Spirit in their planning so that they always discern what you want them to accomplish on each mission trip.
- Father, please raise more financial supporters for the mission teams to aid the accelerated move of missions in this New Year.
- Father, raise more dedicated missionaries from our churches to finish the unfinished task of Missions in Jesus’ name.
- Heavenly Father, we ask that you increase and strengthen partnering churches, pastors, and organizations for success in fulfilling your mandate for missions.