BIBLE READING: Hebrews 13:17; Eph. 4:7-8; 1Cor. 3:10; 2Cor. 3:5-6.
The Apostles of old said, “brethren pray for us.” We need to pray for our fathers in the faith that are at the helm of affairs of our church to soar higher in the assignment God has committed to their hands. They need more of the Holy Spirit and His gifts in discharging their duties without which they may get discouraged, confused and quit.
Brethren, members of the General Advisory Council (GAC) need our prayers for grace, wisdom and dexterity to implement the assignment God committed to their hands and for their personal needs. Each believer has received a gracious divine endowment that enables us to accomplish things that we ordinarily could not have by our own means. Without grace endowment, ministers would not have the means to accomplish the ministry they are called to. Grace endowment makes effective ministry possible and is freely given by the Lord Jesus right up to this present day for effectiveness in ministry.
- Father thank you for the lives and ministries of the members of the General Advisory Council (GAC) of this Church.
- Thank you Lord for standing by your church and giving GAC profitable direction and grace for leadership.
- Father let the promised gifts of the Holy Spirit manifest in their ministries.
- Father let them be yielded to the control of the Holy Spirit in their decision-making processes and grant them an excellent spirit.
- I bind every power that wants the GAC to meet and deliberate without recording significant results that will advance God’s Kingdom, and command it to lose its grip now in Jesus’ name!
- Every power resisting the purposes of God in the GAC and this church, catch fire in the name of Jesus.
- Father, by your mighty hand and greatness, prosper your work in the hands of GAC members and bring them to the place of fulfillment in you.
- Father release strength for them to perform extraordinarily for your kingdom.
- Only the counsel of God for successful leadership and destiny fulfilment shall stand over GAC members in Jesus’ name.
- Father, grant them strength, wisdom, power, skills and anointing to change the status-quo for your glory in Jesus name.
- Every member of GAC and their families are declared a cup of trembling and burdensome stone unto their enemies – Zech.12:2-4.
- Father, help me to increase my love, honour and sacrifice for GAC members from day to day so that their leadership will bless me more and cause me to be exceedingly fruitful and mature.