BIBLE READING: Jeremiah 1:9-10; 2 Kings 18:1-17
In biblical times, pagans built shrines to their gods on top of high hills to ensure visibility and display their importance. The land around Jerusalem was very hilly and many of these shrines dotted the landscape. When the Israelites conquered the Promised Land, God warned them to avoid acting like the natives in the land. God told them to destroy all forms of idol worshipping and images of false gods. Many Israelites obeyed, but some chose to blend in with the ungodly culture. They left the shrines standing and began using the pagan system to worship the gods and sometimes tried to mix the One True God with their idols in an attempt to honour God. The shrines on those “high places” survived for many generations. Various kings of Israel did not remove them, both those “dedicated” to the God of Israel or to other foreign gods of the land. When King Hezekiah was enthroned, (2 Kings 18:1-7) he tore down all the high places in Judah, including the bronze serpent made by Moses. He trusted God completely and God prospered him greatly.
Today, we may not have physical shrines or idols to various gods, but we have “high places” in our lives. Our high places can be traces of past sins that still have a hold on us, our culture, career, ideologies, social media or anything we place above God. Just as the ancient physical high places represented spiritual ungodliness enticing the Israelites to sin, our modern high places can tempt us to go back to behaviours contrary to God’s ordinances.
Consider just three examples:
- Artifacts, tourist objects and decoration in honour of false gods.
- Movies full of filthy language or inappropriate content still lying around our house
- Illegally downloaded music files on our computers or MP3 Players.
- My mouth receive fresh fire, my tongue declare the authority of the Holy Spirit now in Jesus’ name.
- By the blood of the Lamb, I root out, pull down and destroy every satanic high place in my life, in my family, residence and business in Jesus name.
- I pull down every generational high place I have accommodated in my life and home in ignorance, that is operating against my success in life by Holy Ghost fire now in Jesus name.
- Every evil altar raised against my blessing on any high place of wickedness, catch fire now in Jesus name.
- Every high place obstructing my spiritual watchfulness and progress, be destroyed by fire in Jesus name.
- Every high place that says I will not move far this year, be levelled and destroyed in Jesus name.
- Every high place against the move of the Holy Spirit in CGM for signs and wonders this year, scatter in Jesus’ name.
- I pull down any altar of sorrow and shame raised against any member of CGM now in Jesus name.
- Every high place of Sickness, failure, pre-mature death, sudden accident, poverty and backsliding, for any member of CGM all over the world, fall and fail in Jesus’ name.
- By the authority of the infallible Word of God in Job 22:28, I decree and establish, good success, miraculous promotion, admission into higher institutions with scholarship, miraculous conversions, prosperity of every member and expansion of CGM churches in Jesus’ name.