The devil often puts up much resistance to stop ministers of God from pursuing the plan of God for their lives and for the people they lead. We therefore need to strive together and agonize intensely with our spiritual leaders in prayers as we contend with the adversary/enemy. We should not think that our spiritual leaders are strong and should be left alone. Rather, we should stand in faith and in the Spirit with them just as Jesus requested Peter, James and John to pray with Him in the Garden of Gethsemane.
Apart from the devil, some unbelievers also resist God’s servants and cause distractions. Also, some so-called brethren trouble them from within the church to create discontentment, divisions and disaster which has resulted in the stumbling of some ministers, who ultimately abandoned their ministries and the precious faith!
Our spiritual leaders give so much of themselves to the church and we need to cover them consistently with fervent prayers.
- Thank you Lord for choosing our Pastors to shepherd your flock in this place. Help them to walk in your counsel so that they will lead your sheep in righteousness.
- Thank you God for the great sacrifice our Pastors make to ensure that we grow spiritually. Grant them wisdom to accurately preach your Word to bless and transform us.
- Knowing that our ministers are human beings like us, sustain their bodies and souls that they might stay healthy as they bear the burdens of ministering to us and shield them from depression, suicide and burn-out in Jesus’ name.
- Snatch our ministers out of the traps and snares set for them by false brethren and those who have wrong motives in Jesus’ name.
- Let the words of our ministers in their preaching, counseling and individual discussions be spoken correctly, accurately and in a way that pleases you.
- Father, let the ministries of our District Pastors and ministers in charge of our local churches be pleasing and well received by the brethren to whom they minister.
- Let our spiritual leaders always feel strong, be refreshed and touched by God from time to time in their spirits, souls and bodies.
- We pray that the Gospel will characterize our ministers’ home life, that their children will heartily walk in the way of righteousness and be established as pillars in the Household of Faith.
- Father, surround your servants with destiny helpers, people they can trust and can be accountable to in Jesus’ name.
- As the Apostles received the mercy of the Holy Spirit and revolutionized their world, empower all CGM ministers to take over their communities and nations for you as we enjoy your abundant mercies for fruitfulness this year 2020 in Jesus’ name, Amen – Acts 17:6.
- We decree and declare that all CGM ministers shall ride in high places with their horns exalted like the horn of Unicorn with signs and wonders following them – Psalm 92:10.