BIBLE READING: Gen. 39:15-23; Joel 2:12-17; Philip 2:5-11.BIBLE READING: Proverbs 18:16,17; Jeremiah 29:11-13.
Brokenness is coming humble, as an empty vessel to the foot of the cross of Calvary, longing for the Master’s moulding and restoration. The Cross is a place of brokenness and life change. The Cross is God’s instrument for changing lives. If you are not broken you are not saved, if you are not saved, you are not safe – Col.3:3, Zec.2:8.
Before Jesus rode into His high places, He first became obedient unto death and died on the cross. “Let this mind be in you …..Wherefore God also hath highly exalted Him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”
If you are not broken you are not sane; no brokenness no release of virtue – Mk14:3. The Prodigal son manifested his brokenness by abandoning his old way of life that held him bound to retrogression; he chose to bury his pride and to return to his father admitting his unworthiness – Lk15:11-32.
Joseph (Gen.39:15-23) was able to endure suffering for no offence in the hands of his brothers and in Egypt and was found faithful before he received the crown of exaltation and honour in Egypt. Job, King David 1Sam.17:20-58; 18:7-9; King Solomon; and the Apostles made their marks in their generation before riding in the high places of their world. As we keep putting the Cross before us continually this year, there will be no limit to our exploits – Col.2:12-15.
Consciousness of our brokenness helps us to die daily and to destroy the works of the flesh in our lives – Gal.5:9-21. Then, it will be possible for us to carry in our bodies, the dying of our Lord Jesus Christ and emit the aroma of the Fruit of the Spirit – Gal.5:22-24. Let us cultivate brokenness as our life style this year as we ride into the high places of the earth in Jesus’ mighty name, Amen – Rom 6:15-18.
- Thank you Lord Jesus, for laying the foundation of brokenness on the cross. Help us to follow your example of brokenness with joy.
- Father, as I passionately desire to ride unto the high places of the earth this year, help me to humble myself, that on no account shall my heart be lifted in pride or vanity in Jesus’ name.
- Father, as I come to the cross of Jesus, let every barrier and obstacle on my path be destroyed in Jesus’ name.
- Let fire from the presence of God burn curses and hindrances from my ancestral lineage, careless utterances, broken promises, past failures and disobedience to God and those that have authority over me in Jesus’ mighty name.
- I receive the help of Holy Spirit this year, to live a broken life without bitterness, and patiently endure until my elevation comes in Jesus’ name, Amen.
- O Lord, let the power of the cross of Calvary work signs and wonders in my life this year.
- O Lord, help me to hope, watch and patiently wait this new year, until I reach the high places of my calling and showcase your glory to my generation and the next in Jesus’ mighty name, Amen.
- Lord, I refuse to sow to the flesh any more in my life in Jesus’ name.
- Anything, practice, philosophy, idea or thought that arrogates itself against God’s Word in my life, DIE by fire.
- As I surrender my life for brokenness, let me produce the sweet aroma of the fruit of the Spirit that attracts the presence and power of God in Jesus’ name.