Bible Reading: Psalm 92:1-10; 1Thessalonians 5:18
God is the Ancient of days who never grows old. His steadfast love never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning. He is coming to us in a new and fresh dimension this year, to give us fresh grace, fresh mercies and fresh strength for each new day. He has promised our father in the Lord to anoint us with fresh oil so that we can flow with fresh vision, power and creative ideas throughout the year.
For us to come out newly every day for God this year, we need to understand our heavenly Father as altogether lovely, altogether worthy, and altogether wonderful. He is absolutely good and faithful; the Provider of our vision, our Sustainer in the different seasons of life; the Good Shepherd who gave His best for us; He never fails.
Let us not forget the culture and language of gratitude which is fast disappearing from many people. We should be thanking God daily for His goodness and the blessings we enjoy daily.
- Father, thank you for making us fruitful in our individual lives, families and as a church last year.
- We thank you Lord, for your goodness, faithfulness, and steadfast love throughout last year.
- Thank you, Father, for your miraculous provisions for our families: for food, clothing, shelter, health, peace, joy and your abiding presence over us.
- Thank you, for your protection over our families, friend, the Church and the nation; for not allowing the fiery darts of the wicked destroy us.
- Thank you, Father, for all that you allowed into our lives this past year, which have strengthened and enriched us.
- Thank you for our past experiences which remind us how much we need your presence every day this New Year.
- Our unfailing Deliverer, we are grateful for giving us victories over the giants that confronted us and for shutting the mouths of the lions that rose against us.
- Thank you for how you guided our decisions and turned our hearts to deeply desire you above all else.
- Father, we are grateful for the doors of blessings you opened for us last year: healing our sicknesses and diseases and loading us with manifold benefits.
- Lord, thank you for crowning the year with your goodness, and your paths dripping with abundance for us – Ps. 65:11. May we never disappoint your purposes for our lives in Jesus’ name.