As we explore the theme: “ANOINTING WITH FRESH OIL,” we need to understand that sheep can get their head caught in briers and die trying to get untangled. There are horrid little flies that like to torment sheep by laying eggs in their nostrils which turn into worms and drive the sheep to beat their head against a rock, sometimes to death. Their ears and eyes are also susceptible to tormenting insects. So, the shepherd anoints their whole head with oil. When that is done, there is peace. That oil forms a barrier of protection against the evil that tries to destroy the sheep.
Every human being experiences times of mental torment when worrisome thoughts invade our minds over and over. Instead of heating your head against a wall trying to stop them, ask God to anoint your head with fresh oil. He has an endless supply! His oil protects and makes it possible for you to fix your heart, mind, and eyes on Him today and always!
- Anointing of the Holy Spirit, fall afresh on me now and make me new every day this year to the glory of God.
- By the reason of the fresh oil in my life, let me record outrageous results everyday of this year for the Lord, and in my daily work in Jesus’ name.
- O God, anoint my head with fresh oil and make me stronger than my enemies.
- Father anoint my head with fresh oil today so that my cup will overflow with your abundant blessings.
- Anoint me with your endless supply of oil, that I will be protected from all evil.
- Anoint me with fresh oil and cause me to fix my heart, mind and eyes on you, today and always.
- Shepherd Divine, anoint me with fresh oil, that my soul be cast on you, never to cease in prayer.
- Anoint me with fresh oil that I may enjoy your peace all the days of my life in the name of Jesus.
- Anoint me with fresh oil so that I can flow with fresh vision, power and creative ideas throughout this year in the mighty name of Jesus.
- O Lord, anoint me by the Holy Ghost power to do exploits for you – Lk 4:18; Acts 10:38.
- By the anointing with the fresh oil, let my life, family, and church bring glory to you always in Jesus’ name.