Oil symbolizes anointing and lighting. Oil was designed to be used for lighting in the tabernacle and it is the substance for anointing of kings, the priests and the prophets, the chief men among the people (Number 21:4). Kings are anointed to rule geographical territories but it is the priest or prophet that performed the task of their consecration with oil. The priest has the ultimate role to anoint either the king, the prophet or a priest.
Jesus was appointed and anointed by God Himself as our High Priest, to bear the burden of our sin with His own body – Heb. 9:11, 24-28; Isa. 61:1; John 16:7; Acts 1:8. All New Testament believers are the chosen generation, a royal priesthood and holy nation. We have been positioned as kings and priests unto God. How much more, those in the five-fold Governmental ministries! God has chosen our ministers and placed them in positions of authority and leadership in His Body. He wants to anoint them all with fresh oil so as to manifest His power and glory to the world this year. With His mighty hands upon them, they will not be running from pillar to post. The more they surrender unto Him, the more the anointing flows without struggles and manipulation.
- Father, thank you for choosing our spiritual leaders as instruments of honour.
- O Lord, cleanse them from all filthiness and unhelpful associations that may pollute your grace and anointing in their lives – Isaiah 52:11.
- Father, anoint your servants and their families with the fresh oil of the Holy Spirit.
- Father, open their eyes of understanding as they explore the mysteries of your kingdom.
- O Lord, confirm the words of your servants, please confirm my words (Isa. 44:26).
- Where the word of a king is, there is power. Father make your word powerful in their mouths, to perform wonders and miracles – Exodus 8:4.
- O Lord, you are the shield around your anointed; let no power of darkness harm them day and night – Psalm 105:15; Isaiah 54:17.
- Anoint your servants with fresh oil and cause them to rise to a higher level of divine manifestations in Jesus’ name – Acts 1:8.
- O Lord, let our ministers treasure their intimacy with you every day, so that they will always minister from the abundance of your grace in their lives in Jesus’ name.
- 10.Let there be fresh fire and unction for manifestation of miracles, signs and wonders in the lives of our Divisional Overseers, that their leadership might be profitable to the flock under them.
- 11.Grant our ministers, good health and vitality to fulfill their ministries in Jesus’ name.
- 12.Empower our District Pastors to expand their Territories, by training more ministers and planting more vibrant churches this New Year in Jesus name.
- 13.Let there be abundant testimonies of divine manifestations during our ministers’ ministrations.
- 14.Our ministers and their families will not become victims of evil arrows and depression in Jesus name.
- 15. Cause our ministers to serve you with joy and finish strong to the glory of your name, O Lord.