Bible Reading: Lam 3:22-23; Isa 43:18-19
- Forgive us for the times we have worked so hard to be self-sufficient, forgetting our need for you, living independent of your Spirit.
- Forgive us for letting fear and worry control our minds, and for allowing pride and selfishness wreak havoc over our lives.
- Forgive us for not following your ways and for living distant from your presence.
- We ask that you make all things new, in our hearts, in our minds, in our lives, for this coming year. We pray for your refreshing presence over us in the name of Jesus.
- When the enemy reminds us of our ugly past, his lies and attacks, let us hear your assuring voice, reminding us of our safety with you and that your purposes and plans will not fail.
- O Lord, be our defence and rear guard, keeping our way clear, removing the obstacles, and covering the pitfalls.
- The great Provider of our needs, we ask for your grace and favour. Cover us with your blessings, help us to prosper and make every plan that you have birthed in our hearts to succeed.
- Let others take notice of your goodness in our lives and say, “These are the ones that the Lord has blessed.”
- Help us to be known as great givers, help us to be generous and kind, to look to the needs of others and not be consumed by only our own.
- May we be lovers of truth, may the fruits of your spirit be evident in our lives – your love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
- Shine your light in us, through us, over us. Empower us to make a difference in this world, for your glory and purposes.
- Help us to reflect your peace and hope to a world that so desperately needs your presence and healing, Amen